AFAs are the newest and unique cosmeceutical to be patented this millennium.
AFA is an acronym for Amino-acid Filaggrin-based Antioxidants. Filaggrin is a protein that naturally occurs in our upper layer of our epidermis and is metabolized into several acidic moisture retaining amino acids. It is these highly moisture retaining amino acids that are used to produce the AFA peels and the AFA (home care) gels.
These Glow & Go peels are able to penetrate the outer skin layer and exfoliate, hydrate and anti-oxidate to make your skin feel smoother and softer, while diminishing fine lines and wrinkles.* Skin tone will appear brighter and sun damage will even out.*
- Promote greater moisture retention
- Show visible effects quickly*
- Are powerful antioxidants
- Are effective exfoliants
- Improve photo pigmentation/sun damage*
- May be used on sensitive and rosacea-prone skin
- Are non-photosensitizing (acidic amino acids produce a bi-product of Urocanic Acid which is a recognized UV filter)
- Are safe to use during pregnancy
- Are safe for all skin types
Fresh (AFA) Clay Peel – Optimizing exfoliation and antioxidant benefits:
- A simple two-step procedure that will immediately create smoother, softer and younger-looking skin.* A more intense peel utilizing a rare earth clay base to draw out impurities in the skin.
- Secondly, a specially formulated AFA antioxidant facial peel is applied. Resulting in dramatic improvement with no downtime!* Great anti-aging benefits, as well as for acne control.